If there has ever been a time when leadership is needed in the rural church…it is NOW! We are living in transformational times and so much is changing right in front of us. Yet sadly, at the same time, the Church in rural America is facing a crisis of leadership. In this podcast I identify the source of this leadership crisis and offer a few practical solutions to it.
- Bad church structure
- Unbiblical expectations of church people
- Pastors are “unable” or unwilling to LEAD
- It’s simply time to overhaul the system!
- For some pastors that may mean “fighting” right where they’re at.
- For other pastors that will mean you need to leave and start something new and healthy.
- For many pastors this will mean boldly stepping into new ways of “doing church.”
- But hear me clearly, settling for the status quo is not a good option. The churches and leaders that fight to maintain “the way it’s always been” in this season will not survive.
- Are you the LEADER God has called you to be?
- What action step do I need to take in my pastoral leadership right now?
If you need help changing your bylaws or navigating some other change in your leadership journey, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m here for you.